• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CAT S60 Endless rebooting.

J A

Lurker
Mar 5, 2017
Hello everyone,
I've my CAT S60 for 1 month and have two issues so far:
1st, for some reason, when I plug the charger, only charge if I plug it and then reboot. Without the reboot the charger is pluged but no signs of charging is visible (not the led light nor the little lightning inside de battery in the top bar). But if is actually plugged in and rebooted, then both the led and the lightning will appear once connected with the electricity.

2nd (and I don't know if related), today I was reebooting in order to charge it (because of the 1st problem) but never ended the android loading. Instead before finishing, just reebooted and started an endless loop.
I've try the recovery mode, erasing the cache, even the factory reset, losing everything in the phone but the only thing that changed was that now it loads a bit more of the loading bar but never finish the loading, it only keeps rebooting.

Did it happened to anyone?
Pleaase advice on this..
Thanks in advance.

Nope. After explain my issue to SEVERAL CAT staff, they asked me to send it. So, I sent the phone back to the offical CAT repair service in germany and after 5 days (they have 21 days to check it) they concluded that it can't be repaired and they sent me a new one (and the delivery was clumsy as well because I was in Spain and after 12 days of no news I had to contact them, they had no news but gave me the tracking number, THEN contact the messaging company, THEN go to their offices to get my package that was in their office for the last week but nobody let me know, whatever).

Sorry not to have a solution.
The new one is working perfect so far (less than a month trying it, though)

Upvote 0
Hi Guys.
After a couple of hours finding the reason why this loop was also happening to my Cat s60, here is what i found out...
The power button gets damaged and creates a short so it will never stop rebooting. It happened to me after a swim foto shot later that day(i don't know if it has anything to do with that but it happened). This is what you can try to see if your problem is the same as mine.
Disassemble the phone and when the phone boots up into the cat logo, disconnect the cable on the attached foto n1. If the phone get out of the loop then you have found your problem.
Foto n2 is the damaged button.
I will be replacing the button and post fotos as soon as it is fixed with new modification.
If you want to repair your phone feel free to contact me and i will repair it for you with all your data untouched(unlike cat service!!!)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 4,431
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 2,815
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello everyone,
I've my CAT S60 for 1 month and have two issues so far:
1st, for some reason, when I plug the charger, only charge if I plug it and then reboot. Without the reboot the charger is pluged but no signs of charging is visible (not the led light nor the little lightning inside de battery in the top bar). But if is actually plugged in and rebooted, then both the led and the lightning will appear once connected with the electricity.

2nd (and I don't know if related), today I was reebooting in order to charge it (because of the 1st problem) but never ended the android loading. Instead before finishing, just reebooted and started an endless loop.
I've try the recovery mode, erasing the cache, even the factory reset, losing everything in the phone but the only thing that changed was that now it loads a bit more of the loading bar but never finish the loading, it only keeps rebooting.

Did it happened to anyone?
Pleaase advice on this..
Thanks in advance.

If you want to repair your phone feel free to contact me and i will repair it for you with all your data untouched(unlike cat service!!!)

Reactions: ricardo teixeira
Upvote 0
Hi Guys.
After a couple of hours finding the reason why this loop was also happening to my Cat s60, here is what i found out...
The power button gets damaged and creates a short so it will never stop rebooting. It happened to me after a swim foto shot later that day(i don't know if it has anything to do with that but it happened). This is what you can try to see if your problem is the same as mine.
Disassemble the phone and when the phone boots up into the cat logo, disconnect the cable on the attached foto n1. If the phone get out of the loop then you have found your problem.
Foto n2 is the damaged button.
I will be replacing the button and post fotos as soon as it is fixed with new modification.
Can you help me with a reset? I cannot get the reset button to push down. I have done this before and now it is like there is no button to push in the little hole. I keep getting ba message to turn off airplane mode.... It's not on and customer service recommended this reset which I believe will fix my problem. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Hi Kevin, I live in armadale, western Australia, my CAT 360 is having issues with battery? Plug in charger , vibrates and flashes red led, held all four buttons (volume up and down ,and two buttons on left) CAT logo came up , pulled out cord, went back to blank screen , plugged in charger, same with red led, proceeded with hard reset( held volume up and power button )came up with screen to Reboot etc, asked to enter password after I did this ,it turned itself off again, battery now saying 0% , red led light staying on , but no vibration this time , will not go up in charge , leaving plugged in at the moment, can you please suggest or help me with this as it is an issue I've been having for 2+ months , thank you,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones