• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Camera not working.

Kmac940

Mar 12, 2011
On stock boost rooted rom with xposed modules. Cameras always worked fine then I flashed phantom kernel r5 stock which works flawless with the exception of my camera now FC's. I don't know for sure if it's kernal related or not because I've used phantom before so idk. I've tried flashing old camera libs, removing camera and gallery apks from system, reflashing zip to reinstall moto camera, tried Google camera, and flashed back stock kernel even.... Still a no go... Any insight friends?

Check out XPerience kernel thread on XDA. Under the kernel downloads there is a link for old camera.libs. Flash the zip in recovery and you should be good. Maybe wipe dalvik and cash too.
I did and still a fail. Even wiped dalvik and cache and re flashed stock kernel and still a no go. Completely uninstalled camera apk and gallery apk and nothing. I'm so confused

Upvote 0
Dirty flash your ROM if you have a zip like SuperR's stock ROM zips and your camera should work. Just flashing the kernel itself doesn't get everything back to normal.
Edit: I missed the part about you flashed older camera libs. That always worked for me. I haven't been flashing Roms and kernels so much lately so I haven't had the problem.

Reactions: Kmac940
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones