• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 + MMS FIX [Linaro 4.9] [11-07-2014]

Seraph08

Android Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Troy NY
plus.google.com
logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 ( Kitkat ), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Download and flash in this sequence

ROM
GAPPS (I use stock)
MMS Fix [Thank you SuperR]

This ROM was built from source with a manifest I wrote myself.
THANK YOU CYANOGEN FOR YOUR SOURCES AND THE BEST DAMN ROM TO BUILD OFF OF​

Upvote 0
to some ppl using cm11 on the moto, any bugs within this rom? want to know if everything works like torch, camera, bluetooth, those things. if so then ill give it a try

Well, it would help us all out if as many people tried it as possible. I ran it for a few days and didn't have any issues, but I personally like Seraph's PA builds. Try out the CM yourself and report back.

I don't mean to be snarky, but it helps if everyone dips their toes into the waters. :)

Upvote 0
Wow, I didn't think google voice was supported on Boost Mobile, but I just tried it and it does...

I am back using your pa build. What is the "activate cyanogen voice+" message?

Just Cyanogens integration with your Google Voice. ROM came prepared for the Voicemail situation. Just had to get the rest of the requirements. I believe it's also how you would send those "encrypted SMS to other cyanogen users". Logically it makes sense, even though I have never used it for those purposes.

Upvote 0
The local manifest

Creating a local manifest allows you
to customize the list of repositories used in your copy of the source code by overriding or supplementing the default manifest. In this way, you can add, remove, or replace source code in the official manifest with your own. By including repositories (which need not even reside on GitHub) in a local manifest, you can continue to synchronize with the repo sync command just as you would have previously. Only now, both the official repositories from the default manifest and the additional repositories you specify will be checked for updates.

CyanogenMod creating a local manifest

Upvote 0
The local manifest

Creating a local manifest allows you
to customize the list of repositories used in your copy of the source code by overriding or supplementing the default manifest. In this way, you can add, remove, or replace source code in the official manifest with your own. By including repositories (which need not even reside on GitHub) in a local manifest, you can continue to synchronize with the repo sync command just as you would have previously. Only now, both the official repositories from the default manifest and the additional repositories you specify will be checked for updates.

CyanogenMod creating a local manifest

I still dont quite understand but i trust you know what youre doing

Upvote 0
If you want your voice mail notifications just install Google voice.

Wow, I didn't think google voice was supported on Boost Mobile, but I just tried it and it does...

I am back using your pa build. What is the "activate cyanogen voice+" message?
Wait, What? Are you saying you can use Google Voice as your voicemail provider on these custom roms? I know you can't on the stock rom and I have never been able to on any Boost device. This would be amazing and I would certainly get away from stock if this is true :)

Reactions: Seraph08
Upvote 0
Wait, What? Are you saying you can use Google Voice as your voicemail provider on these custom roms? I know you can't on the stock rom and I have never been able to on any Boost device. This would be amazing and I would certainly get away from stock if this is true :)
You will get your voicemail notifications with Google voice yes.
37305ab67423ed3079f9a215331f9105.jpg

Upvote 0
You will get your voicemail notifications with Google voice yes.

Maybe I am not asking the right question. Let me try again :)

There is a Google voice number and a Boost number. I know I get Google Voice number vm notifications with Google Voice, but do I get Boost number vm notifications with Google Voice? Sprint allows you to use Google Voice as your vm provider with your Sprint number. Boost has never allowed this due to the lack of conditional call forwarding. Are you saying you can now use Google Voice as your vm provider for your Boost number?

Upvote 0
I was able to send and receive calls using Google Voice with my Google Voice number. I was also able to get vm notifications along with an email with a transcription of the call this way.

However, I was not able to get vm notifications or transcriptions using my Boost number.

I had set up a Google Voice number years ago, but never really tried it because I didn't think it worked with Boost.

But doesn't GV burn through data? I am back to using my regular Boost number for the time being.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones