• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

I thought I had read somewhere AND I had assmed (spelling intentional :p), that due to the AOKP components of this ROM, one could NOT be on HBoot 1.58 to flash this. But today I checked on DS95's awesome Hboot/ROM compatibility thread, and saw PAC was under the "ALL HBoots" section.

So was I wrong all along, or did one of the updates clear this? I'm used to being wrong (ask my wife):D, but has this always been the case or did one of cmb's updates fix it and I missed it? I'm running out of excuses to flash this! :D

TIA

As always, don't rely 100% on the section of my thread. I can't get it updated as soon as a new update for a rom is out.

Always read the op of the rom before flashing. :)

DS

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0
As always, don't rely 100% on the section of my thread. I can't get it updated as soon as a new update for a rom is out.

Always read the op of the rom before flashing. :)

DS

Yes sir, I know how hard it is to keep something like this up, and to check the OP. But that's the thing, I HAD been unable to find it. I just found post 106 of the OP on XDA that it has to be 1.5 or below (sometimes you gotta be part bloodhound to find out the needed info! :D )

So, this will have to wait until I have time to flash new HBoot!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yes sir, I know how hard it is to keep something like this up, and to check the OP. But that's the thing, I HAD been unable to find it. I just found post 106 of the OP on XDA that it has to be 1.5 or below (sometimes you gotta be part bloodhound to find out the needed info! :D )

So, this will have to wait until I have time to flash new HBoot!

Thanks!

Really? At least in the op here that sir spidey (Don :p) keeps up, is in the op.

DS

Upvote 0
Well, I do wear glasses for a reason! :eek: I guess I can't say the LARGE PURPLE FONT that says "not for HBOOT 1.58..." was hard to read! Sheesh! That's me, the perpetual n00b!

u3ajyreb.jpg

You should use TapaTalk like i do, no purple color here :p

DS

Upvote 0
Be careful with the data backup, if you start seeing issues you will have to do a full wipe and fresh install, keep your fingers crossed, sometimes the issues don't happen right away. Just be aware.

Did you also flash SK Gapps too ??

Flash Data Backup from Nandroid....WHAMMO! Awesome sauce

Upvote 0
Be careful with the data backup, if you start seeing issues you will have to do a full wipe and fresh install, keep your fingers crossed, sometimes the issues don't happen right away. Just be aware.

Did you also flash SK Gapps too ??

Yeah...My first time ever doing it.
My Data is a little wonky....but confirmed with Ramjet that his speeds are Bad today too....

Upvote 0
I'm having a little trouble with the recently released versions, specifically 19.0.2 and 19.0.8.

I've tried upgrading to both of these from 18.0.0, but both times I try my wifi stops working, and I still don't have bluetooth capability.

Should I try to downgrade my phone completely back to the stock ROM, then upgrade to 19.0.8 again? I'd been trying to flash it directly on top of 18.0.0, after doing a factory/cache/dalvik wipe.

Edit: I did just realize that I never pushed the boot.img for the newer versions. Would that cause a problem, perhaps it's trying to boot into the older 18.0.0 instance still?

Upvote 0
I'm having a little trouble with the recently released versions, specifically 19.0.2 and 19.0.8.

I've tried upgrading to both of these from 18.0.0, but both times I try my wifi stops working, and I still don't have bluetooth capability.

Should I try to downgrade my phone completely back to the stock ROM, then upgrade to 19.0.8 again? I'd been trying to flash it directly on top of 18.0.0, after doing a factory/cache/dalvik wipe.

Edit: I did just realize that I never pushed the boot.img for the newer versions. Would that cause a problem, perhaps it's trying to boot into the older 18.0.0 instance still?

I could be wrong on this occasion, but I don't think the boot.img needs to be flashed with an aosp rom, Don Brian or Scotty is better to confirm or deny this.

Are you clean flashing or dirty flashing from 18.0?

Edit: just noticed you mentioned doing a clean flash.

Which hboot are you on? 1.58 or 1.50? If I'm not mistaken newest is meant for 1.50 and below.

DS

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
I could be wrong on this occasion, but I don't think the boot.img needs to be flashed with an aosp rom, Don Brian or Scotty is better to confirm or deny this.

Which hboot are you on? 1.58 or 1.50? If I'm not mistaken newest is meant for 1.50 and below.

DS

Confirmed. I'm assuming you are s-off? No need to manually flash the boot.img

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0

Clean, as far as I can see that's supposed to be done. I have not completely downgraded to the stock rom yet, but I have done all the wipes through recovery (except battery.)

Confirmed. I'm assuming you are s-off? No need to manually flash the boot.img
Bootloader header:

Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot

So HBOOT 1.50 as it should be, but I do have S-ON. That may be why, huh?

EDIT: Lame thing is, I was on S-OFF before but some tutorial told me to go back to S-ON. Now the only method I can find for S-OFF is the wiretrick, and that seems dicey. I'd also have to go back to the stock RUU anyway for that.

Upvote 0
Need help with tethering (wifi and USB). Long story short, this is now a deal breaker for any ROM\kernel for me.

I am running:
EVO 3D Sprint
S-OFF
HBOOT 1.50
Kernel : 3.0.54-ck1-butteredtoast-ics-RLS14+ggutierrez@SOLIDUS #61
PAC Version 19.0.8

The wifi tether TrevE Mod would never load properly (sorry for being vague) and when I try to use the built-in CM USB tethering it will never start. I would prefer USB tethering if it's possible.

Is this a kernel, ROM, or user issue?

Upvote 0
Need help with tethering (wifi and USB). Long story short, this is now a deal breaker for any ROM\kernel for me.

I am running:
EVO 3D Sprint
S-OFF
HBOOT 1.50
Kernel : 3.0.54-ck1-butteredtoast-ics-RLS14+ggutierrez@SOLIDUS #61
PAC Version 19.0.8

The wifi tether TrevE Mod would never load properly (sorry for being vague) and when I try to use the built-in CM USB tethering it will never start. I would prefer USB tethering if it's possible.

Is this a kernel, ROM, or user issue?

Uninstall the Wifi Tether - then reinstall and reboot.
Make sure you have selected the Evo3d as the device profile.

Upvote 0
Clean, as far as I can see that's supposed to be done. I have not completely downgraded to the stock rom yet, but I have done all the wipes through recovery (except battery.)

Bootloader header:

Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
So HBOOT 1.50 as it should be, but I do have S-ON. That may be why, huh?

EDIT: Lame thing is, I was on S-OFF before but some tutorial told me to go back to S-ON. Now the only method I can find for S-OFF is the wiretrick, and that seems dicey. I'd also have to go back to the stock RUU anyway for that.

Well this rom flashes a kernel so the first thing I would try (if you haven't) is to use 4ext recovery and make sure "smart flash" is enabled. This will allow s-on users to flash roms with kernels.

If you have already done that or try that and it still won't boot, then get the boot.img out of the rom you are going to flash. Flash the rom, then flash the boot.img via fastboot with
Code:
[B]fastboot flash boot boot.img[/B]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones