• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] S-OFF, but I can't get SU...now what?

SDRebel

Jun 3, 2010
guys, I was following this guide over at xda

and then went to the rooting process

Rooting Proccess...

1.) Download this file Goo-Inside.me
2.) Put the downloaded file on your sdcard
3.) Boot to TWRP
4.) Hit install a .ZIP
5.) Choose the file and BOOM you got root
Hits thanks if that helped!! PCE GUYS IM GOING TO COOK UP SOME ROMS

If you get error while flashing use this file

so I followed steps 1 through 5, but nothing seems to have happened. I didnt' see a SU app and whenever I opened CWM app (just to check) and it said I didn't have root access.
I tried again, but again the same thing. it seems to work, but no sign of having root.
I then used the file from "if you get error (even though I didn't have an error)" and that also seems to work, but again, no sign of root access...

anyone has any idea what am I doing wrong? I have twrp and I guess I I could try to flash a ROM that already has SU ..would that work? if so, which one would you recomment? I'd prefer a sense-based ROM.

I'm a bit lost here.
More than anything I want root to be able to roam to verizon towers (currently using roam control, but get terribal data roaming speeds) and to use wifi tether app.

Thanks

Well, you have S-OFF and a Custom recovery installed, right? A custom recovery is either CWM or TWRP.

Then go to the XDA forums and look in CDMA development section (Assuming you have a Sprint version of the phone) and find a ROM you like or want to try, download it, flash it, and you should have SU. Just remember to wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache before flashing.

I think some people had problems with the stock ROM + SU that was included in the instructions. Might as well grab a ROM and try it out. I'd recommend CleanROM, as it's pretty close to stock and is a good base to get familiar with the rooting scene.

Upvote 0
Well, you have S-OFF and a Custom recovery installed, right? A custom recovery is either CWM or TWRP.

Then go to the XDA forums and look in CDMA development section (Assuming you have a Sprint version of the phone) and find a ROM you like or want to try, download it, flash it, and you should have SU. Just remember to wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache before flashing.

I think some people had problems with the stock ROM + SU that was included in the instructions. Might as well grab a ROM and try it out. I'd recommend CleanROM, as it's pretty close to stock and is a good base to get familiar with the rooting scene.

yup, i mentioned I already have TWRP...so I'll try CleanROM and see how that goes, thanks.

Upvote 0
With Cleanrom 2.9.5 you can't go wrong, also check out the one below, I have been playing with it for the past couple of days, and really like it, it is different.

[ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE E3D Beats Audio w/EQ - Reinvent the EVO (
multipage.gif
1 2)

yup, i mentioned I already have TWRP...so I'll try CleanROM and see how that goes, thanks.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones