• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cell Phone spending is up

Yeah and since so much is now available on a smartphone I find that the art of conversation has died.

Just thinking back roughly 5 years ago and people would occasionally text people whilst in the pub but now I find myself with a group of mates all looking at their phones, Facebooking, Tweeting, texting, emailing etc...

All on a Friday night, sometimes I want to rip the phone out of their hands.

I don't cause I'm just as guilty as them ;) :D

Upvote 0
I talk on mine around 200 minutes a month maximum. I send around the same text messages too. Anyone who knows me that the best way to talk to me is face to face. I mainly use my phone to listen to music, keep my pictures handy, and to keep up with the news. I don't take it in the bathroom, text/talk & drive, or have it permanently attached to my ear. I shut it off at bedtime too.

Upvote 0
Some months I may not use 100 minutes of talk time, but I don't text that much either. That's why I don't have a text plan (.20 per msg) and use GV & Talkatone for texting.

I guess you can say I use mine as more of an ultra portable computer and use around 2-3gb of data per month, I have the 4gb data plan.

The wife & I are thinking about switching to the shared family plan, since we are on separate plans now. She talk more than anything and could use unlimited talk & text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones