1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Cell Phone spending is up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by saptech, Oct 8, 2012.

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Are we addicted...

Cell phone spending up in tough economy | ksdk.com

Advertisement

2. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    No surprise here.
    Society has let a tool become a lifestyle. And now, since everything that was accessible through a pc is now available through a smartphone, we now feel the absolutely necessity to own a cell phone.
    People can't seem to go 5 minutes now without talking/texting someone.

3. Yeah and since so much is now available on a smartphone I find that the art of conversation has died.

Just thinking back roughly 5 years ago and people would occasionally text people whilst in the pub but now I find myself with a group of mates all looking at their phones, Facebooking, Tweeting, texting, emailing etc...

All on a Friday night, sometimes I want to rip the phone out of their hands.

I don't cause I'm just as guilty as them ;) :D

4. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    I talk on mine around 200 minutes a month maximum. I send around the same text messages too. Anyone who knows me that the best way to talk to me is face to face. I mainly use my phone to listen to music, keep my pictures handy, and to keep up with the news. I don't take it in the bathroom, text/talk & drive, or have it permanently attached to my ear. I shut it off at bedtime too.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I use mine less as a phone and more of a ultra-portable PC that happens to have a phone number. :D

I probably use maybe a couple hundred text messages and maybe 100 minutes. But damn, I probably easily go through a few GB's every month (thank god for unlimited).

6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Some months I may not use 100 minutes of talk time, but I don't text that much either. That's why I don't have a text plan (.20 per msg) and use GV & Talkatone for texting.

I guess you can say I use mine as more of an ultra portable computer and use around 2-3gb of data per month, I have the 4gb data plan.

The wife & I are thinking about switching to the shared family plan, since we are on separate plans now. She talk more than anything and could use unlimited talk & text.

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Mine is 3 parts: Email, TT (for here), tethering. Use the whole "phone" function every so often too. Wish Verizon would lower the min. minute allowance for Family Plans. Wife and I share 400 but barely touch any of that.