• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cellular South In US Also Carrying Hero at much cheaper price

This is very interesting -

Get Google in the palm of your hand : Android from Cellular South

And I thought Sprint would be the only carrier in the US!

Its been well known for awhile that Sprint would not be the only carrier of the CDMA Hero.

Announcement of CS carrying the Hero wasnt long after Sprint, and then they come with a price point of 99 with a 2 year contract and a 79.99 unlimited plan, its like they are trying to get under Sprints skin.

Its almost a shame they are regional.

Upvote 0
I checked on getting the Hero with Cellular South and unfortunately they do not offer service in my state. They only offer service in a handful of states. Even though there coverage map showed they have excellent 3G and voice coverage here, they still do not offer service here. Sprint will still come out the winner as they are a much larger carrier and offer service in many more areas throughout the country.

Upvote 0
It officially comes out monday. It was suspose to come out this monday but they added an update so it would work with out phone number transfer machines and an update so it would bluetooth ringtones. Got to love those free ringtones.

I did the pre-order, and should be receiving mine tomorrow...
Do you know if any of the Sprint Hero issues will also be seen with the CS version?

Upvote 0
We have not had any issues to my knowledge yet. Today was the first day of the preorder ones in the store and they all programmed fine. We had to adjust a couple of settings to make it work on the (celbrite) number transfer machines but no biggie. Keep in mind sometimes you won't find out issues until it has been in the field for a couple of weeks or even a month. So far so good!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones