• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change homescreen icons

To do it go into folder organizer,pick the app you wish to change > icon > on choose app pick android image gallery,then pick the icon you wish.

Then on the homescreen long press to get up the widget menu > folder organizer item > apps > then navigate to the app you have changed,pick it and then it will appear on your homescreen with the new icon.

Thats how i did it anyway :)

Upvote 0
I used folderorganiser. I assume that you've opened it. Under the app tab, press the down arrow to the right of the relevant app. Select icon and pick the required icon from the Android image pack. After you've repeated this for each icon you wish to change, exit folderorganiser and remove the original icon from your homescreen. Your replacement icon is actually a widget so select add widget>folderorganiser item>app and then the required app.Your new icon should appear on your homescreen. Repeat this for all required apps. Job done.

Upvote 0
To do it go into folder organizer,pick the app you wish to change > icon > on choose app pick android image gallery,then pick the icon you wish.

Then on the homescreen long press to get up the widget menu > folder organizer item > apps > then navigate to the app you have changed,pick it and then it will appear on your homescreen with the new icon.

Thats how i did it anyway :)

This worked, thanks so much!! I got the first part right, I just didnt know to do the long press part :) thanks!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones