• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change # of rings

GalaxyS2Kent

Sep 2, 2011
England
How do I change the number of rings before the call goes to voicemail? I've tried asking Google and get several different answers, none of which works on my Galaxy S9:

**61*901*11*30#
**61*101**30#
**61*121**30#
**61*321**30#

I always get this message: "Call forwarding. Connection problem or invalid MMI code. (801)"

I think I may have messed up my phone as when someone calls, my phone rings 2-4 times and then the caller gets the message "This number is not recognized." (or something like that)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

It depends on your carrier.
Should be a phone number that you dial for your voice mail, which also controls your number of rings within the options.
Yes, that was one advice I saw on the Internet but I went to the O2 website and couldn't find anything to help. I got the robotic chat but that was a waste of time. I don't know how to contact them to ask about it, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yes, that was one advice I saw on the Internet but I went to the O2 website and couldn't find anything to help. I got the robotic chat but that was a waste of time. I don't know how to contact them to ask about it, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for your response.

Network MMI codes are usually carrier specific. And I think the codes you found on the interwebs might be for Telstra in Australia.

I was an O2/Cellnet customer, but that was over 20 years ago now, and in those days one could just call them by dialling 202 from the phone itself. Maybe that sill works?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone but I still cannot get it to work. I've looked at various websites that say to do this: **61*901**30# where 901 is the number I call for voice mail and 30 is the number of seconds I want to change to. But I get first the message: "MMI code started", then I get "Call forwarding. Connection problem or invalid MMI code (801)" I don't know what the (801) means unless it's an error code. Sorry to keep harping on this, but it really is driving me mad!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones