• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

change TV input from google TV app

What app are you talking about? Google TV?

If you think an app will work why don't you try it?
I mean I have a chrome cast + physical chrome cast remote and for that setup I can chance input with the remote.
I also have the Google TV app that is connected to my TV, but that app don't give me the option to switch input and I don't see why since the interface looks quite similar to the physical Chrome Cast remote and both the phone/app and the remote is connected to the TV....

So I have tried and I can't find the option, but it doesn't make sense to me that the option is not there in the app. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
if your phone had an IR blaster, you might be able to switch inputs. however, most phones did away with that many years ago. i do not know how the chromecast remote can switch inputs, it might be something similar, but i am not completely sure. but if you could change the inputs via the app, you would think they would make it completely obvious that you could. so i doubt, since you can't find it in the app anywhere, that you can.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones