• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changes not sticking in files

JayBondzeWell

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2011
So, im trying to edit the phone to optimize it without the need of creating init.d files, where instead of forcing the phone to fight with stock files. The changes will be stock,
[for example /proc/sys/vm/swappiness 20, is how its set and im trying to set it to 0. ]
i go through the correct folders and change it to 0, it saves, and i also change it in the init.gt.rc file, but it constantly changes back to the original. i have tried flashing it as well to get it there and the same issue occurs once i reset the phone. Can anyone help in with making these changes, it'll be much appreciated.

So, im trying to edit the phone to optimize it without the need of creating init.d files, where instead of forcing the phone to fight with stock files. The changes will be stock,
[for example /proc/sys/vm/swappiness 20, is how its set and im trying to set it to 0. ]
i go through the correct folders and change it to 0, it saves, and i also change it in the init.gt.rc file, but it constantly changes back to the original. i have tried flashing it as well to get it there and the same issue occurs once i reset the phone. Can anyone help in with making these changes, it'll be much appreciated.
You have to build a custom kernel to implement those changes, best way to avoid that is to use init.d.

Upvote 0
You can use fauxclock.app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones