• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changes which are a MUST in the next update!

Donno man..i made a few contact entries..they wer lost in sync..also..sometimes when I disconnect the phone from the net when I am in office..i cannot access my contacts..all the FB accounts which I had manually linked..they wer gone! n this was a common error I found after searching..for Bdays ideally ur calender shud sync..there s an easy way to export birthday dates from FB & import them to the google calender...use this app called Birthday Exporter in FB..also if u link ur contacts to FB I think the bday too gets synced

Upvote 0
I am using Vodafone....what apps u using?? ne which r useful in India?? Also have u managed to root ur phone?? or r u planning to root?

Some useful Apps for me: 3G watchdog Android System Info Astro Handcent HTC Battery NewsRob Barcode Scanner Bubble MyTracks Compass Contacts2Sim Dolphin Facebook Twidroid Google Sky map GPS status handy Calc iNetwork Test MapDroyd Metal Detector Slide me OS monitor Proximity sensor Screebl Lite SMS backup & restore Spare parts Steel Unit Converter Voice Search WaveSecure Wifi Analyzer I haven't tried to root my phone yet; and for me, I do not see any advantages in rooting. I will think of it in future only when if there isn't any applicable 2.1 update available to Airtel (even though it is SIM free, Airtel was the carrier who brought it in India - so it is branded); after rooting I would go for WWE version. EDIT: I actually posted Apps one by one in each line. But after Submit it displays like a paragraph.

Upvote 0
Donno man..i made a few contact entries..they wer lost in sync..also..sometimes when I disconnect the phone from the net when I am in office..i cannot access my contacts..all the FB accounts which I had manually linked..they wer gone! n this was a common error I found after searching..for Bdays ideally ur calender shud sync..there s an easy way to export birthday dates from FB & import them to the google calender...use this app called Birthday Exporter in FB..also if u link ur contacts to FB I think the bday too gets synced

There isn't any problem with FB contacts and Birthdays and even calender Sync. The problem is with Google contacts birthday (who do not have FB account).

Upvote 0
In addition to the few you listed above, I am using these: Advanced task killer Free, 3 Banana notes, Aldiko reader, Bebbled, Connect, Ebuddy, FlashLight, FX Camera, K-9 Mail (better than the default HTC Mail), Layar, Lookout (a must have), Meridian, bought MyBackup pro, Photoshop, PicSay, Ringdroid, Quick Uninstaller, Solitaire n Tub Thumper..

Upvote 0
In addition to the few you listed above, I am using these: Advanced task killer Free, 3 Banana notes, Aldiko reader, Bebbled, Connect, Ebuddy, FlashLight, FX Camera, K-9 Mail (better than the default HTC Mail), Layar, Lookout (a must have), Meridian, bought MyBackup pro, Photoshop, PicSay, Ringdroid, Quick Uninstaller, Solitaire n Tub Thumper..

I do have most of these apps installed but uses rarely; so not my favorites.

Upvote 0

What's "Lookout"? You say it's a must-have but I just searched the Market and can't find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones