• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing notification bar settings?

amheck

Sep 26, 2010
FL
Hi guys,

This is my 3rd week with my Captivate and the first week that I'm on call for work. We use a paging system that sends me texts when I get paged. Last nite, unfortunately, as I slept with the phone next to the bed, I kept hearing notification sounds when email came in, and had to check my phone to make sure I wasn't getting paged.

Is there anyway to set the notification bar to only notify me when a text comes in? Or is there a way to shut off the sounds for email and other notification msgs over nite?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

You can either disable or change the e-mail sound notifaction. Open your e-mail and select menu, select more options and then account settings. In there you can change/disable sound and vibration notifaction for e-mail. Maybe changing the sound for each will help. Then do the same in messages, this will change the settings for sms and mms messages.

These changes are set and will not change back unless you change it back. As far as I know (unless you use roadsync for exchange e-mail) there is no way to disable e-mail sounds only during the hours of ## to ##.

As a side note, this may not apply if you are using a custom rom

Reactions: amheck
Upvote 0
If you use something like Tasker or Setting Profiles you can set it to only sound when a certain contact sms's you. (I'm assuming the paging is via sms)...during a scheduled period (e.g., sleep).

I think Tasker is more robust, but also more complex.

Setting Profiles is more limited, but somewhat easier to use.

I use Setting Profiles and I have a profile running from Midnight to 6am for the phone to be silent except when my SO or family calls or texts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones