• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changing rom and my problems..

Cursed Chico

Jul 9, 2011
Hello,

I am using original rom. I have this u8800 huawei for about 1.5 year. NOw, the phone is not so sensitive when i touch and some slow sometimes. While onkeyboard, i cant correctly use the letters, usually wrong letters are being selected.

And its batters, it doesnot last so much, 3-4 hours.

And the phone memory. I have to delete some applicatiopns to free up space. I dont understand how those space is being fulled. Because i moved a lot of applications to sd card, so i dont understand how each week each week this memory goes full.

So, you see i have a lot of problems. I searched a lot of but i coudl not find nice informaition about roms. SO, which one do you suggest me to flash? Custom or stock?

And what do i have to before it? Backing up go sms messages to sd card, with calllogs backing up call logs, with titanium backing up applications and their data and that is it?

And another problem is that, i can see any file of sd card just like a pc, but i cant see the memory so i cant know what is in. So, how can i back up phone memory?

I am waiting your answers...

Hi CC, Have you got the Gingerbread 2.3.5 Official Huawei Update installed on your phone?

I'm in the process of trying to go from that update to Aurora ICS on my U8800. After reading a lot of info on Forums etc, I think this is the most stable one I've seen. It was available as aurora 1.10.zip and the write up was by Richard Gutierrez on March 2nd. 2012.

I'll try and find the ref. for you if I can and will post the link later. Neil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones