• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changing roms using A2SD+

Lmkt

Jun 4, 2010
Hi there

First of all, I have recently taken the plunge in rooting/flashing roms and must say a big fat thank you to this community which has been of tremendous help.

I have installed LeeDroid 2.3c with A2SD+, but I figured that I don't really need Sense anyway so I'm planning on moving to a non-Sense rom.

So what happens with the A2SD+? I mean, I am obviously using it right now on LeeDroid and have apps installed on my SD card. What should I do to install another ROM with A2SD+ (I'm thinking SuperVillain or Defrost atm)? I already made a nandroid backup. Is it enough to just go into recovery, wipe everything, and install the new rom? what will happen to the apps on the SD card?

Cheers.

Apps on the ext3 partition will be deleted when you wipe, same as anything on internal memory. They can be backed-up using Titanium and restored after you install the new ROM (or you can reinstall from the market and just restore their data using Titanium).

You don't need to do anything special for the ext3/A2SD+. The partition is there, so another A2SD+ ROM will just use it. So yeah, procedure is exactly the same as when you installed LeeDroid - recovery, wipe, flash, then restore user data/apps.

I'm assuming here that you wiped before installing LeeDroid, so know about restoring SMS etc. Don't restore system settings from Ti Backup, as that can cause problems when the ROM is different.

Edit: removed incorrect information (see later in thread)

Reactions: Lmkt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones