1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changing text vibration pattern

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miranda2144, Mar 9, 2014.

1. miranda2144

miranda2144 Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2014
    I have looked everywhere for a thread that addresses my issue so if I am missing it, feel free to send me in the right direction.

I have just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4. I have changed the vibration pattern (under sound/ringtones and notifications), but it seems to only affect my notification for phone calls, not texts. I want the vibration to be longer than the two short bursts.

I do not want to to download a 3rd party app for these reasons: if I download (for example) goSMS, the app does not give me the number of unread messages. Then I have to download a notification app and, slowly, the number of apps I need to correct something missing keeps growing.

Is there any way to change the default vibration for text messages with out downloading any additional apps?

Advertisement

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    There's a vibrate setting when you open up Messages and go into settings from there. However, I see no additional settings for the vibrate feature, and am not sure if enabling vibrate from there would help.