• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing text vibration pattern

I have looked everywhere for a thread that addresses my issue so if I am missing it, feel free to send me in the right direction.

I have just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4. I have changed the vibration pattern (under sound/ringtones and notifications), but it seems to only affect my notification for phone calls, not texts. I want the vibration to be longer than the two short bursts.

I do not want to to download a 3rd party app for these reasons: if I download (for example) goSMS, the app does not give me the number of unread messages. Then I have to download a notification app and, slowly, the number of apps I need to correct something missing keeps growing.

Is there any way to change the default vibration for text messages with out downloading any additional apps?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones