• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing tone of snoozed alarm actually turns it off.

sethm501

Lurker
Sep 24, 2018
This seems like one of those situations where it's not a bug, it's just how the phone functions, but I don't think it should function that way.

Let it be a warning so you are not late to work because of this like I was, haha.

Here's the scenario;

1. Alarm goes off as expected. You Snooze it.
2. The alarm notification pops up on top that its snoozed, as expected. (gives you the option to dismiss it)
3. You decide the ringtone is not loud enough, so while the alarm is still snoozed, you change the ringtone.
4. After you change it, you press back to go back to the Alarm page.
5. The tone changes as expected, but then the alarm notification disappears.

I can confirm today, that when this happens, the alarm does not go back off after being snoozed. This action of changing the ringtone resets the alarm. Once that notification goes away, it's as if you've dismissed it, even though that's not what you're doing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones