1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

charging port replacement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ipoole2152, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ipoole2152

ipoole2152 Lurker

Is it possible to replace a loose charging port on an s3? and if so how would I go about doing it? mine is loose and it's difficult to get a good connection to chrge my phone. Along with a bad battery it's a pain :/

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

No idea mate tbh. I chose the easy/cheap route and bought a spare battery and a wall charger (one of the ones you put the actual battery into) from Amazon and hey presto.. problem solved :thumbup:

3. patcal

patcal Newbie

youtube has tutorials on this.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

You could always go with wireless charging. You have to get a QI wireless charging receiver that goes between your battery and the stock battery cover. Then a QI charging pad. I love mine and pretty much only plug my phone in when I'm in the car using it as a GPS. But, if you want to use the phone while it's charging wirelessly that's a bit difficult since it has to be sitting on the charging pad.

funkylogik likes this.
  5. duvallite

duvallite Well-Known Member

Just had a loose charging port on my wife's S3 replaced at a local repair shop. $60 to get it done, and it solved all of the charging problems she had been having. It had gotten progressively worse, and finally wouldn't even charge at all. I watched the videos on YouTube thinking I'd fix it myself, and even thought I am very experienced in component soldering, decided it was much easier to just pay to get it done. Very happy now.

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews