• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charging question?

keviny88

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
hey guys,
I was just wondering, for the htc one s, does having the battery run out completely harmful for the phone? I understand that for the iphone and some other rechargeable products, allowing the battery to run out completely actually helps to prolong the overall life of the internal battery. Is it the same for the htc one s battery? Is it harmful to even let it run low on battery in general?
Thanks!

I read somewhere that....

to maximize how long your battery will last (for Li-ion) charge it to 100% when it is around 20%-40%. If you charge it more often than that it will wear faster. Li-ion's don't like to fully discharged like the old Ni-Cad batteries.

...but from what I read, it remains a debate and it seems no one is absolutely sure.

Upvote 0
I am very happy with the battery life on this phone. Used all day still come home at night with 40-50% battery remaining.
Did have an issue though, dropped the phone and it stopped charging. Must be the way it is secured in the phone. The phone struck the floor on the bottom of unit near the back key ( < ) . Would not charge, I decided to try to strike it on the top of the unit to try to shake the componets back together and it worked..
Kinda Strange???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones