• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chomp SMS not making phone vibrate or make screen come alive

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
I have just installed Chomp SMS on my samsung s2 running andyx v12 rom, its my first time using a different sms app and i do really like chomp a lot and would like to keep it, on my phone i have 2 issues though.

1. in the notifications settings i have notifications ticked and i have vibrate set to always vibrate. The problem i am having is when i get a text, i get the status bar notification but my phone doesnt vibrate at all which i have always relied on a lot when at work etc..

2. also in the notification settings there an option for screen comes on which i have ticked, it says that if the phone is off, it will come alive breifly when i get a text, but my phone isnt doing that either.

When i used the stock sms all these things worked, i have turned notifications off on my stock sms as i had read this was best so you dont get 2 notifications.

in my system settings vibrate is also set to on for notifications etc..

does anyone know what could be the issue, or are my above questions actually just the way chomp works?

thanks

james

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones