• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Choppy screen

markopaju

Lurker
May 28, 2018
Hey, every time I cast my tab to my Android TV, I get the same choppy screen - the music works fine, so does everything else. Seems to me like the screen is just out of sync or something

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 294
I've seen this with casting from PC's too. When you are casting from an enabled app or service (like YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, etc.) the media stream is going directly to the device and is only controlled by your tablet. However when you are casting the home screen, all video is transmitted over the WiFi connection so if you have a slow or busy connection, you can see this sort of thing. There may not be cure for it, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Have tried casting to a different device? It might just be that your tablet's GPU can't handle it. What tablet do you have?
Oh no, I dont use a tablet, I use a PC and Chrome. And there should not be an issue either with the slow internet or bad CPU. I will try to get another device to try the same thing.

I think the problem would be solved if my TV had some kind of vsync option or that it would position the picture automatically.

Upvote 0
Oh no, I dont use a tablet, I use a PC and Chrome. ....
That does present a different issue. Could be just some video resolution glitch between your PC and your TV. Try disabling the hardware acceleration option in the Chrome browser Settings >> Advanced menu. Or opt for lower resolutions when casting from your PC if there's a setting in your browser's tab casting -- try using standard (480) to see if that choppiness is gone, and then work your way up until it comes back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones