1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Chrome app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrMatthew, Sep 2, 2017.

1. MrMatthew

MrMatthew Newbie

Nov 8, 2014
    Male
    I have Chrome vs 59 on my Samsung Galaxy S7. When opening a "new tab" is there a way to change the page from the one search box Google page? Can't I have it open my "homepage" that opens when I click the Chrome icon? Or at least change the look? There has to be something under chrome://flags.

Please help,
    Matthew

Advertisement

2. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    not 100% sure what you're looking for, but if you just want to change the homepage, go to chrome> menu> settings> homepage. you can then change it to whatever page you want it to be, or you can turn it off- which doesn't open anything, and you'll have to manually open a new tab.

3. MrMatthew

MrMatthew Newbie

Nov 8, 2014
    Male
    Thank you for replying seVer. I'm actually in shock because I mostly don't get a reoply to my questions. If I do, its one person and I never hear back from them if I reply to their answer. I'm hoping you'll see this and might be able to help.

Let me try to explain my question better. Wgen I have Chrome open on my Galaxy S7 and I click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, snd select "New Tab" I get a page that says, "Google" with one search bar underneath. I was wanting to change the page that opens when you click "New Tab" from the menu. Wgen I first start Chrome, I have it set to open Google Advanced Search page. Is there a way to change the page that opens wgen clicking on the "New Tab" selection under the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of Chrome?

4. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    Gotcha... and no, there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. Homepage only really matters for the first tab opened/created. Anything after that is Google.

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    That is the default page set by chrome/ Google.
    No settings to change that I'm afraid

MrMatthew likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.