• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome app

MrMatthew

Nov 8, 2014
I have Chrome vs 59 on my Samsung Galaxy S7. When opening a "new tab" is there a way to change the page from the one search box Google page? Can't I have it open my "homepage" that opens when I click the Chrome icon? Or at least change the look? There has to be something under chrome://flags.

Please help,
Matthew

not 100% sure what you're looking for, but if you just want to change the homepage, go to chrome> menu> settings> homepage. you can then change it to whatever page you want it to be, or you can turn it off- which doesn't open anything, and you'll have to manually open a new tab.

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying seVer. I'm actually in shock because I mostly don't get a reoply to my questions. If I do, its one person and I never hear back from them if I reply to their answer. I'm hoping you'll see this and might be able to help.

Let me try to explain my question better. Wgen I have Chrome open on my Galaxy S7 and I click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, snd select "New Tab" I get a page that says, "Google" with one search bar underneath. I was wanting to change the page that opens when you click "New Tab" from the menu. Wgen I first start Chrome, I have it set to open Google Advanced Search page. Is there a way to change the page that opens wgen clicking on the "New Tab" selection under the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of Chrome?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones