• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clearing up free space

sequre

Mar 11, 2010
I've searched a couple threads on the site regarding phone/SD storage but can't seem to find out what's keeping me from doing a few things. I'm getting low on space messages (screenshots below). I have a 16GB SD card with 12.24 GB left, and i have 595.66MB available on the phone. I'm not sure why Mega Jump would not install, but I also had a similar error with another game. I don't have too many apps installed, not any more than the typical user. I've already installed Apps2SD today and moved every app to the SD card. I'm not too familiar with the android file system but I did browse though application data using root explorer, I wasnt able to find anything that really wasnt being used.

So my questions are:

When apps are moved to the SD card, where is the application data so that I can make sure I delete a folder for an app that I remove (making sure that I get all of my free space back)

What can I do to get more free space and continue to keep the file system cleaned up to prevent this from happening again in the future?

CAP201101161834.jpg

CAP201101161935.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones