• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Please - calling the name "troll" isn't nice.

Many were called troll in the pre-release thread - and were. Just as many were called that - and were not.

Let's let the facts decide. Sometimes, people make mistakes - it all comes out in the wash.

BTW - for those unfamiliar - a fluke is a Fluke meter - makers of fine test hardware for decades, for those unfamiliar and possibly misreading an earlier statement.

So, the proof of the pudding would seem to me to be - does that dock from Mobile City Online, posted earlier, exist and work?

Upvote 0
So, the proof of the pudding would seem to me to be - does that dock from Mobile City Online, posted earlier, exist and work?

According to their website, it's on pre-order with a release date of Wednesday. We'll see if it actually happens. Until then, they're not getting my money.

Surely Verizon will carry such a beast... if it ever actually makes it to our teeming shores from the cargo ship carrying it from wherever :rolleyes:

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Verizon Galaxy Nexus car dock lacks three-pin connection of its HSPA twin, requires manual micro-USB connection - Engadget

I wonder why Samsung would not utilize the same dock style if those pins functioned properly....

I'm hoping that this is because they found that the pogo pins cannot provide enough juice for LTE + NAV in a car to keep the battery from discharging. That makes sense, its a huge power draw both of them combined, and the direct mini-usb can probably provide more power.

However, for a clock-dock, hdmi connection, power draw should be much less. Hoping that the pins are enough for a dock and they will keep them in the VZ version.

This is all just speculation, of course

Upvote 0
Verizon Galaxy Nexus car dock lacks three-pin connection of its HSPA twin, requires manual micro-USB connection - Engadget

I wonder why Samsung would not utilize the same dock style if those pins functioned properly....

Just because they didn't use the same style, doesn't mean that they aren't working. But working properly could be another story. Perhaps there's a physical reason why, maybe a software hiccup with ICS on it that is causing it to not perform adequately so the accessories aren't released with it. I can't imagine they'd have the pins live in the phone if they were never planning on utilizing it, but stranger things have happened.

I'm pretty sure we're all at the point where we're treading water until someone actually gets their hands on one to test. Not that it'll matter to me anyway, since I'll be cased and unable to use docks at this point until someone designs an all-encompassing solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones