• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cm 7.1.0-rc1

Doesn't Multitask AT all. Very militant about it, too. Even going to the main screen with a music app like PowerAmp running kills the thing,stops playing. I can't use it like this...

I am afraid that is true amongst most of the custom GB roms, certainly all that I've tried. Perhaps another reason why Vz or Moto never pushed out an update.

Upvote 0
I would cut the rope too if only someone would fix the wifi issue in Android. I have a wireless router in a central location and get excellent coverage everywhere, but the wifi keeps getting flubbed up frequently, requiring me to toggle airplane mode to restore wifi. I am so tired of having to do that. I am home almost always due to illness and the 3G works ok upstairs in the back of the house, elsewhere I get 1x if anything, so I really need the wifi. PLEASE SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, FIX IT! I BEG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Upvote 0
I would cut the rope too if only someone would fix the wifi issue in Android. I have a wireless router in a central location and get excellent coverage everywhere, but the wifi keeps getting flubbed up frequently, requiring me to toggle airplane mode to restore wifi. I am so tired of having to do that. I am home almost always due to illness and the 3G works ok upstairs in the back of the house, elsewhere I get 1x if anything, so I really need the wifi. PLEASE SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, FIX IT! I BEG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I don't have any problems with Wifi on the latest continuous. Are you sure it's not your wifi router that keeps dropping you? I just had to replace my old net gear router cuz it would drop my phone and my laptops frequently (like every few hours). I just bought a new NetGear N600, and I'm getting the full 5Mb dsl speed on the phone over my wifi on the 2.5Ghz frequency. Hasn't dropped me once.

Joe

Upvote 0
Joe,
I have 3 wifi capable routers, and they all exhibit the same problem. None of my wireless netbooks or laptops have connectivity issues, just the damn phone. CM 6.1.2 does the same thing, but to a lesser degree. I've also tried simply stunning and liquid roms, and the problem doesn't go away. I've also tried different kernels and basebands.

When I say I often need to toggle wifi or airplane mode, it can sometimes be several times in just a few minutes. No exaggeration.

It is very frustrating, and I want to kill my phone, violently!

Upvote 0
I used the ones from this image. I haven't tested any other values but these are pretty good.

69898a98bcdeac7df0c751f5482c2ea168a66294e325bd1b3643ac720bbbab334g.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones