• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
well the problem is i dont know what the settings would be for it, not sure how to get the original apn settings out of an ics zte phone... if you do voice dial and say edit apns itll give you the apn menu but itll be blank, and ill try to remember to get mouse to try that, but its probably the same file, the camera fix is in there for my builds though, just dont have the bluetooth fix in there yet or the wifi/lte stuff worked out. mind you i dont own one or anything even similar so your guess would be better than mine on what the problems could be or how to solve them

on a side note though i made some adjustments that might help the cause, one would effect mobile data, the other would effect wifi, someone try them out and let me know if anything new works

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will help with anything

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378236253149.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378236253149.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
sadly no but thanks for tryin. i already know all of that info its the login info and server addresses for the lte i need, as well as needing to know how to set the proper apn in cm but we could never even figure that much out on the sequent. i dont understand how it chooses which apn to use basically, i probably have the right addresses. i have sprint mvno addresses i got from some carrier called ting, and i have the original sprint ones through cm itself, even went searching through phones device trees that use sprint lte, the galaxy s4 and i believe the s3 both have alot of dev support and use lte but i cant seem to figure out how they get it and we dont, or how the avid gets it and we dont. its completely and utterly confusing me and it doesnt help that im flying blind

Upvote 0
well its not my OP so i cant do it, and my dropbox link is constantly changing and unfinished so saying whats broken and whats not would only apply for about a day. if i break something it gets broken just like when i went messing with the kernel. and i still havent put in the bluetooth fix, i figure once progress slows or when we finish we will do a more official release but i will have mouse put the link on the op that way it can be found more easily for testing purposes

Upvote 0
well, on cm im pretty sure the camera didnt work without it, i jammed it in there and it came on if im not mistaken. but hey, lets say it doesnt do anything and its just sitting there unused... what exactly is it hurting? lol. but yea ill work out the unnecessary crap later right now im getting things fixed we can make it all nice and pretty later. running some lte and mms testing, and making a new build for upload with possible fixes in the bluetooth and gps department

Upvote 0
k, newest build is up at the link on the op, same link from before just copied to post one for convenience. should have pretty much everything but wifi. test bluetooth, gps, mms, and lte for me

update: cm is being a pain, wouldnt overwrite its apns-config.xml with mine, gonna try again. it does seem to be working now though. bluetooth on the other hand was a fail, im working on that now as well as updating to my custom apn that fixes mms and lte

Upvote 0
oh i know mms works, i have the picture of the back of mouses cats head to prove it too lol. but yea should have pretty much everything but wifi and the proximity sensor which that being missing causes you to not be able to hang up easily... also youll just have to dial your own number to get voicemail, sorry guys but i havent configured that yet. besides those things it should be fully functional though as far as im aware, bluetooth does need to be tested thoroughly, i dont have the phone, mouse doesnt really have anything bluetooth, so it needs to be connected to any and all devices you can find, not saying test it with every phone in the house... just make sure each function works, phone headset, stereo headset, input device, file transfer between devices, everything you can come up with really. keep in mind there are ways to connect ps3 and wii controllers to androids if you have the right apps, so someone might want to try that if nobody has a bluetooth keyboard or mouse

Upvote 0
Try Chrome

I got it. I used chrome first, it was a no go. So I used my Es downloader that came with ES file explorer and it worked fine. Been running CM 10.1 now fire about 5 hrs, I've tested everything I can test and everything works besides Wi-Fi and the front camera is upside down. When you tap storage on settings the settings will crash. But other then that have seen no issue. Been using it like I would with stock other then Wi-Fi. Once that's fixed I'm good with it. I can't test Bluetooth and LTE. No blue tooth to test with and I'm outside of LTE right now. But I will say job well done and I think it deserves a new thread and I'll add it to All Things Root thread once a new thread is made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones