• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Inc2, VZW, no signal.

thekr1st

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
When I flashed CM7 it worked great. After going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks, and checked use 2G only and switched back to 3, it now bugs and will not connect to the cell towers. Ive tried resetting the phone, toggling on/off airplane mode and still nothing. The settings actually appear to hang.

This is really annoying. and is a dealbreaker for using CM7 any ideas?

Just wanted to say you aren't the only one with this problem. When I first flashed the ROM I was going through settings and clicked the 2G to see how it worked and then after disabling that 2G mode, it wouldn't connect to any cell towers. A factory reset and reflash of CM7 didn't help me either. I ended up flashing the stock ROM and flashing the original bootloader and then I had a signal again. I never tried flashing only the radio though. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones