• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Anyone try to install nightly 40? I got an error message status 7 and it aborted the installation. I deleted, downloaded, and tried again (checked md5 both times) and it doesn't work... wiped, cleared, and re-flashed 39 since I was have some strange behavior issues anyway.

Yeah same issue here, I was wondering if a complete wipe would solve the problem, but didn't want to go through the trouble. Im glad I didn't since it doesnt seem that solved the problem for you.

Upvote 0
Yeah same issue here, I was wondering if a complete wipe would solve the problem, but didn't want to go through the trouble. Im glad I didn't since it doesnt seem that solved the problem for you.

A guy on the cyanogenmod forum said he installed it through ROM manager and it worked, but if it doesn't work through recovery, I'm not going to use it. I'm much more comfortable with Clockwork...

Update - I installed through rom manager but to make it work, I had to update to CWM 3...

Upvote 0
So I'm now on nightly 41. Did a clean wipe of my phone after cleaning up my SD card and removing zedge and adfree. Notifications were acting funny and phone wouldn't properly utilize boot menu options. Also, took some sound files (.ogg) from my ally that I liked and put them into my system/media folder cos my zedge mp3 downloads stopped working. Just one question... the next time I flash a nightly, will those files stay in system/media or will I have to move them from my SD back to the directory every flash?

Upvote 0
So I'm now on nightly 41. Did a clean wipe of my phone after cleaning up my SD card and removing zedge and adfree. Notifications were acting funny and phone wouldn't properly utilize boot menu options. Also, took some sound files (.ogg) from my ally that I liked and put them into my system/media folder cos my zedge mp3 downloads stopped working. Just one question... the next time I flash a nightly, will those files stay in system/media or will I have to move them from my SD back to the directory every flash?

Thanks blkbltkid. Anyone else have anything to add?

Upvote 0
jmartino,
I'm thinking they'll be gone if you wipe. Make two folders on your SD card:

Ringtones
Notifications

They will stay there forever and the Android OS will automatically include the files within them each time you have a prompt to select a ringtone or notification. So you will see all the stuff from system/media in addition to anything you place into the above mentioned folders in your list of available options. Gotta love Android.

Upvote 0
The changelog for pending changes to 42 is getting really long (compared to previous logs). It looks as if the media recorder is being put in the next build. Perhaps 42 marks the beginning of the next stable milestone...

CM7 #41
Chad's 4/18 kernel

hey guys back after a long need vacation and kenn that is right i was asked to help beta testing (altough havent had the time) with others at xda and look for the media recorder in the next week or so... although i dont think they will release at 7/1 just yet

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Noticed your kernel and forgot that it's not just Nightlies that get updated. :)

i do not use the kernel that is supplied with the nightlies i just invisivleks smartass Governor kernel... because i think it gives me the most mix of performance and battery life out of my phone... couldn't even tell you want kernel they are using cuz i immediately flash the one i got

Upvote 0
My wife and I are both on CM7 Stable w/ nightly #40. My FB app is doing the same thing. Force closes like crazy. Hers is working fine. I havent been able to find a fix yet. Hopefully they update it (again) soon.

I flashed back to stock Verizon Froyo and the FB app works fine in every function. Flashed back to Stable w/nightly 39 and FC all over the place again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones