• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 random events

Elusiveone

May 14, 2011
So the past few days have been strange. I'm not sure if its cm7 or my phone but I have had 3 random SD formats, 12 random rebooted, 20+ random fc's and now most of the icons on my launcher wont load the pictureof the icon. I believe my phone is giving way. Seems it can't handle cm?

When you flashed the ROM did you...
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
advanced>>>>>wipe dalvik cache
mounts and storage>>>>>format boot
format system
format data
format cache
press back----install zip from sd----choose zip
Cm7.zip (whatever full file name is)
---choose zip
gapps.zip (whatever full file name is)
press back------advanced>>>>>>>FIX PERMISSIONS and reboot system

Upvote 0
So the past few days have been strange. I'm not sure if its cm7 or my phone but I have had 3 random SD formats, 12 random rebooted, 20+ random fc's and now most of the icons on my launcher wont load the pictureof the icon. I believe my phone is giving way. Seems it can't handle cm?

sounds like a bad flash or might be the phone itself. have you ever had that happen on stock? if so i would get a replacement if it did.:eek:

Upvote 0
Sorry about the Old thread bump :eek:

But after some days of using CM7 and uninstalling Opera Browser that seems to have been the true problem after all.

No more Random SD Formats
No Random Reboots
No Desktop/Drawer Icon loading problems.

I think maybe the app had a memory leak and it was causing all the problems.

Just wanted to update and say its fixed and running like a champ!:D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Sorry about the Old thread bump :eek:

But after some days of using CM7 and uninstalling Opera Browser that seems to have been the true problem after all.

No more Random SD Formats
No Random Reboots
No Desktop/Drawer Icon loading problems.

I think maybe the app had a memory leak and it was causing all the problems.

Just wanted to update and say its fixed and running like a champ!:D

glad your up and running!!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones