• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cog v2.3b6 just flashed saturday

ok tell me this buddy....this new UI and every super cool feature is part of conginition or its Froyo? just curious..
the new ui is stock android, same with the app drawer and lock screen. i think the notification bar is what all captivates will have with the official froyo release. thats all i can think of off the top of my head

Upvote 0
now I am mad at samsung for giving me crap...the froyo looks so awesome men...and the conginitions team has made a wonderful stuff....not going back to stock rom ever again.....

now i see what i was missing before.....anyways if i would have waited for Samsung, i wouldnt be able to see froyo for ages now...Thanks buddy

Upvote 0
now I am mad at samsung for giving me crap...the froyo looks so awesome men...and the conginitions team has made a wonderful stuff....not going back to stock rom ever again.....

now i see what i was missing before.....anyways if i would have waited for Samsung, i wouldnt be able to see froyo for ages now...Thanks buddy
the only bad thing is its been nearly a week since b6 was released and he usually does 2 or 3 a week so theres probably a new one around the corner haha. i usually read the changelog and if it seems something significant i upgrade, if not i wait for the next one that is sure to come before too long

Upvote 0
hey now I rebooted my phone to restore using rom manager and its stuck on white screen with att logo...is that what u call i bricked my phone?
mine did that the first time i updated to b6. try restarting it one more time and if it doesnt work try booting into recovery and restoring one of your backups and then flash cognition again. or you could use odin and install cognition from a completely wiped phone

Upvote 0
people says unroot doesnt take u to stock rom completely, so there are chances that u wont be able to recieve update.

But good thing is when the official ROM will come, we will have better full version roms....so i think i will stick to custom roms...anyways we need laz fixes with stock rom...

by all that thinking, I went for custom rom...bricked my phones and now rooting and custom rom again lol

Upvote 0
I've been running Cognition 2.3v6 for almost a week and it is the fastest rom I've had and the battery life is excellent. I don't use GPS that often, but I've noticed it hasn't picked up nearly as quick as the first leaked version of Froyo. The GPS on that picked up the quickest, but it was very slow operation.

My question, if I disabled voodoo, then used ODIN to flash to Froyo, could I then reenable voodoo by removing the disable folder? Any one else have issues with GPS on Cognition?

Upvote 0
I've been running Cognition 2.3v6 for almost a week and it is the fastest rom I've had and the battery life is excellent. I don't use GPS that often, but I've noticed it hasn't picked up nearly as quick as the first leaked version of Froyo. The GPS on that picked up the quickest, but it was very slow operation.

My question, if I disabled voodoo, then used ODIN to flash to Froyo, could I then reenable voodoo by removing the disable folder? Any one else have issues with GPS on Cognition?
my gps was perfect before cognition, i know there are some "fixes" with it but i hardly get a lock anymore but it doesnt bother me

as far as voodoo i dont know

Upvote 0
I'm trying to weigh the speed and good battery length of Cognition vs the GPS. Screw it, thinking I'll just keep up with the Cognitions and not care about GPS being off. Maybe at some point the GPS fixes will be included in a build. I read a GPS fix on XDA with updating to what looked like the Vibrant system's fix. Not sure if that works better or not. Launcherpro on Cog v2.3b6 is amazingly fast and smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones