1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Cognition 5 Incoming Calls Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beautifultranslation, Jun 29, 2011.

1. beautifultranslation

None

Oct 20, 2010
    I just flashed Cognition 5 on my Captivate. Everything seems to be working wonderfully except I cannot receive incoming calls. My phone briefly freezes when I receive incoming calls and then a crash dialogue box pops up (it disappears before I can read it, but I assume it is notifying me the dialer crashed). After this displays, I completely lose service for about 10 seconds. Then everything is back to normal. I can make outgoing calls and send/receive texts with no problem.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas of how to remedy? I tried formatting the phone to no avail. If nothing else works, I will flash back to stock and try going back to Cog5 to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

P.S. - I cannot post for help on the Cog5 XDA forum because I have no posted enough times over there...

Advertisement

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    if you used titanium backup to restore your phone you probably restored something that you shouldnt have causing it to crash. you could probably just flash cog again and it would fix it, you probably dont even have to go stock first but it may help