• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cognition 5 Incoming Calls Problem

I just flashed Cognition 5 on my Captivate. Everything seems to be working wonderfully except I cannot receive incoming calls. My phone briefly freezes when I receive incoming calls and then a crash dialogue box pops up (it disappears before I can read it, but I assume it is notifying me the dialer crashed). After this displays, I completely lose service for about 10 seconds. Then everything is back to normal. I can make outgoing calls and send/receive texts with no problem.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas of how to remedy? I tried formatting the phone to no avail. If nothing else works, I will flash back to stock and try going back to Cog5 to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

P.S. - I cannot post for help on the Cog5 XDA forum because I have no posted enough times over there...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones