• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Com.htc.bg - what does this mean?

Hi, I got a second hand htc wildfire s a few days ago and I'm seeing this message a lot - com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. (I am offered the choice of force stop or report so I reported it the first few times, now I just force stop)

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I bought the phone from a reputable Ebay Shop and could return it if this means trouble. It is unlocked and s-off, running 2.3.5 and htc sense version 2.1
My plan is to root the phone after I've done some reading up.

So clearing the caches didn't work and there are lots of apps that might be part of the problem which I cannot uninstall unless I root.

When I chose l "force close" the app I am using at the time does not close so I am guessing that the message may be related to something in the background. Also I get the error message while using a variety of different apps so its hard to pin down.

In any case I've decided to not keep the phone as the camera lens is so badly scratched as to render the camera useless for my purposes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones