• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming Soon: Full 2.3.320 SBF file!!

Sorry, what am I overlooking?

I thought I was suggesting flashing to the sbf that matches the boot loader and using OTA to update boot loader and get to current OTA version.

Just that the bootloader version may not match the necessary SBF. My bootloader is 30.01, and has always been 30.01. Yet while I was on 2.2, I could not flash the 2.1 SBF, and now that I'm on 2.2.1, I cannot flash the 2.2 SBF. All with the same bootloader version.

Just making sure that people are aware that the bootloader version may not necessarily tell you which SBF version to flash, or indeed, if you are compatible with an SBF version (witness TBH saying you can only flash the 2.2.1 SBF if you have 30.03 or 30.04, but it worked on my 30.01).

Upvote 0
So I was able to update the bootloader to 30.04 and then from lack of knowledge and rushing the process boot looped hard and can no longer restore my old nandroids...... can I simply SBF the file at the beginning of this thread?

Then I can use these http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...340-kernel-radio-image-bootloader-system.html

to get completely up to date?

someone please say thats right, because i cant work on this until im home from work and im trying not to panic lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones