• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"complete action using" keeps popping up

kazoober

Feb 9, 2011
This has been driving me crazy for a couple years and I cannot find a solution anywhere. Help please!

When I select certain icons to use I get a pop up that says "complete action using". You then have to select the action you want to use and then select "just once" or "always". Here is an example. I select Camera to use my camera and the pop up "complete action using" appears and I can select either Snapchat or Camera. I always want to use Camera so I select Camera and then select Always. Another pop up comes up saying "clear default app settings by going to Task Manager > Clear default and tapping Clear." My Note 3 does not have anything called Task Manager!

Please help.

Application Manager.. that's where you find it.
There is probably a "hickup" in your system.
You can try Settings->General->Default applications...under Clear Defaults you can check what is registered as default camera, message app etc.. clear whatever sounds right for your issue. Then retry open camera, now you get "complete action" choice.. tick always, and check in Default applications if its there.
If, however, you have installed another launcher or rom.. the story can different.

Best of luck

Upvote 0
Application Manager.. that's where you find it.
There is probably a "hickup" in your system.
You can try Settings->General->Default applications...under Clear Defaults you can check what is registered as default camera, message app etc.. clear whatever sounds right for your issue. Then retry open camera, now you get "complete action" choice.. tick always, and check in Default applications if its there.
If, however, you have installed another launcher or rom.. the story can different.

Best of luck

Thanks. I talked with Samsung about this issue last night. I'm still not sure why the pop up says to go to Task Manager when there is no such action on the Note 3 (at least on mine there isn't). Samsung directed me to go to Settings > General > Application Manager > All > Camera > and then scroll down and Clear Defaults. Then as you said, retry opening camera and you get "complete action using", then select Camera (if that is your default choice) and click Always. Now when I select Camera, it goes straight to the camera and no annoying pop ups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones