• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

complete action using touchwiz

clman065

Lurker
Apr 23, 2014
I'm having the same annoying issue on the S5 as I had on the S4: Whenever I hit my home button, I get the prompt "complete action" with the choices being either Touch wiz or Touch wiz easy. After selecting Touch wiz as the default, the phone never recognizes this, and I get the same prompt again.
I've went into the app manager and cleared cache(and data, which wipes out any homepage customization), tried toggling Touch Wiz and Touch Wiz easy, and tried uninstalling Google Search updates, all of which were recommended on other forums. On my S4, I solved the problem by turning off Google Search, but that doesn't seem to work on the S5. Also, I have tried other launchers (such as Nova), but this doesn't help. I hate to do a hard reset just to have this problem occur again. Is anyone having this issue with the s5?

my S4 started giving me the "continue using touchwiz" thing when I'd hit the home button & kept doing that even though I clicked always. Someone suggested I download another launcher so I downloaded Nova but that didn't stop it. Then someone told me it was a Google Search issue & that I should uninstall the Google Search updates. That worked! BUT, yesterday my phone updated to 4.4.2 and it started doing it again. I went to uninstall the Google Search updates but that wasn't an option any longer. I stopped using google search (even though that's what I prefer) but it still does it about 50% of the time. Any ideas???????

Upvote 0
I'm having the same annoying issue on the S5 as I had on the S4: Whenever I hit my home button, I get the prompt "complete action" with the choices being either Touch wiz or Touch wiz easy. After selecting Touch wiz as the default, the phone never recognizes this, and I get the same prompt again.
I've went into the app manager and cleared cache(and data, which wipes out any homepage customization), tried toggling Touch Wiz and Touch Wiz easy, and tried uninstalling Google Search updates, all of which were recommended on other forums. On my S4, I solved the problem by turning off Google Search, but that doesn't seem to work on the S5. Also, I have tried other launchers (such as Nova), but this doesn't help. I hate to do a hard reset just to have this problem occur again. Is anyone having this issue with the s5?

Try going into

Settings > Default Applications

Tap on home, and then choose the version of touch wiz you want mapped to your home button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones