• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer not writing files

cjreyes666

Apr 1, 2011
So I purchased 2 G3s, plugged the first phone to a computer running xp service pack 3. I let the software install so when I try to cut or copy files from the phones external sd card to the computer nothing happens. But I'm able to move files with in the phone. I was able to move files in another computer running windows 7. Any ideas what might be happening

@ funky there is no mass storage mode on the s3 which is the biggest problem.

@OP you would need the driver software if u want it to run in windows xp install kies it should solve the problem.

I had installed the drivers on both computers but not Kies do and still on Windows 7 I was able to transfer files between the phones sd card and the computer but not on the one running xp. I'll try Kies on xp and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones