• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Computer views phone as disk drive

Hey all. I got on XDA to flash the new Cog4 but when I plugged my phone into my computer (USB cable->Mass storage/debugging on, as I always have) it recognizes the phone as a disk drive instead of a folder like it normally has. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I'm sure the fix is something simple that I'm overlooking, but I'm still at a loss. Any help as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is the disk drive icon slightly transparent? If so, you probably need to mount your phone before you can have access to them. To do this, pull down the menu bar at the top and select the USB storage notification, then select Mount. When USB debugging is turned on, you much mount this way or you will not have access to the phone or the SD cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones