• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Congratulations Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e User!

Greetings,

I MAY have recently solved the full-screen pop-up ads that have been plaguing me when I turn on my tablet after some time (like overnight). Now, I am attempting to kill the Congratulations pop-up box that is even specifying my device (Tab S5e).

I know it's a scam, and have not clicked through to win anything. I don't know if it is site-based (like a site I visited) or if my device is compromised.

I have run Malwarebytes' program as well as the paid free-trial mobile security app from Trend Micro. I've searched the interwebs to no avail. Too often the remediation is for desktops, or ones that have a "wrong" step (like go to "apps" then "downloads" - there is no such thing as "downloads under apps).

I'd like to know what to do next, besides the dreaded factory reset. I'll give a $1,000 Walmart gift card to the trillionth answer - lol

TIA

Thanks for the SmartSwitch tip. I have 300 apps, so I'll...sheesh...take them out 10 at a time, or maybe all of them and reinstall the ones I actually use one by one... The "congratulations" pop-up is so infrequent I fear it'll take me forever to isolate it. I'll look up how to backup with SmartSwitch. Again, thanks.
start with the most recent apps at the time this started to happen and work from there.

Upvote 0
Since a few days have passed without ANY pop-ups or "congratulations, you won" notices, I thought to stop by and share what appears to have worked for me.

• Back-up entire Galaxy Tab S5e to PC with SmartSwitch (installed on both the PC and the tablet.
  • Reset Tablet to factory settings.
  • Restore everything from PC to Tablet.

Easy peazy.
Keeping fingers crossed.

THANKS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones