1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connect Android phone to Hisense smart TV, without wireless router?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Siriusly, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Siriusly

Siriusly Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Have Hisense smart TV with proprietary OS. want to DLNA/ cast screen but do not have home wireless router. want to set up ad hoc.. Using Moto E 2nd gen with Android 5.1 and ES File Explorer, how can I link the TV to wifi and make it play media on my SD card?

I have tried using mobile hotspot. Am able to connect tv to phone but can't see it copy any files. Have tried wifi direct and TV sees phone as wifi direct device. But no DLNA ??

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I've also got a Chinese "smart TV" with proprietary OS, although mine doesn't have WiFi at all. If your Hisense has no way of browsing or streaming media from remote server devices, probably out of luck there. Something you should be able to do, is plug the SD straight into the TVs USB with a card reader. I use a 2TB USB hard drive with the TV, and store all my TV shows and movies on that. And if I want to stream anything live, I use a tablet with HDMI.

#2 mikedt, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  3. Siriusly

Siriusly Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks. The TV has Netflix and a few other apps. Has media player app called hi- DMP that does USB audio, video and e-book as well as DLNA ?? option to turn this on is in system menu