• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connect htc to pc

Thanks. I connected my EVO but there was no pop up screen. I changed to setting on pc connect to "ask me" but still nothing. I downloaded and installed htc sync from the HTC website but when I connect my phone and launch the software, it says "disconnected". Anything else I can do?

Upvote 0
Okay I heard this is in the owners manual and a friend talked me thru this issue. On the EVO go to settings>connect to PC>Default connection Type>Select default type>HTC Sync
Then make sure you have HTC Sync running on your computer and connect your EVO by USB cable to your computer. It should start syncing. It will sync your Windows outlook and calendar. It worked for me and I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.
I hope that helps you.

Reactions: Wendemi
Upvote 0
Ok... All of a sudden, I can not connect my EVO to my PC.
Mine is set to "ASK ME" and DEFAULT CONNECTION TYPE is DISK DRIVE.

I do not have HTC Sync installed and I do not want that feature - I just want to use my EVO as a disk drive.

When I connect the USB cord, nothing pops up to ask what type of USB connection I want. Absolutely nothing happens. I have taken out the battery and unmounted the MicroSD and re-installed everything - nothing.

Can some Task Killing apps or No Lock apps or other apps cause this?

Upvote 0
Ok....after having owned my HTC EVO for over a year, I finally decided to try connecting it to my laptop and have successfully removed pictures from my SD card to my PC.

My question is, while I can access the files on the SD card in my phone just fine, should I download and install the HTC Sync software or should I not.

I ask because a few years ago, I downloaded and installed the Blackberry software, and when I connected my Blackberry to the computer, it completely screwed up all of the settings on my Blackberry.

Any opinions are welcome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones