• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting to my google account

BothaDK

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
Hi, im new with an android phone, but ive had my google account since the beta, so i was looking forward to connecting these two things.

My phone is a Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray

Problem is, when i try connecting to my account on my phone, it says password and account does not mach, allthough im sure i did not type wrong 10 times in a row. I think the problem is the phone autofill. Normally when i log on my google account, i just use "myemail" + "password" when i try to connect on my phone, it uses autofill and puts "@gmail.com" to "myemail", so, i can only log on with "myemail@gmail.com" + "password" and then i get an error message, that these does not match.

when i open the browser on my phone, go to google and log in, with just "myemail" + password, theres no problem, but theres no autofill either. so, how do i deactivate the autofill on my phone, or how do i reconfigure my google account, so i can log in with "myemail@gmail.com", and not only "myemail"?

Thanks whoever cares about this.

yes, ive looked everywhere, googled, youtubed, stalked... nothing worked so far

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones