• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

connection-specific WLAN settings?

alsace

Lurker
May 31, 2010
Hi,

complete Android noob (and might I say convert - even after owning the Desire for one day).

So lets hope I am not asking such basic questions in a month... but here we go..

For wireless connections, is it possible to set IP address parameters per-connection?

I ask because when I walk into work we have a wireless LAN that is DHCP based. I would like to use this when at work.

However at home I use a static range... and would also like to use that when I walk in the door (i.e. I dont use a DHCP scope).

I know when I get home I can go into Settings > Wireless and Networks> Wi-Fi settings, then click the menu button > Advanced and select "Use Static IP", and luckily it keeps the settings that I set last, however it would be cool to be able to configure this sort of stuff per connection so it just uses these configured settings whenever it detected the SSID (i.e. it used DHCP when at work and STatic when at home).

Thanks,

Alsace.

EDIT - clarification

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones