• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connectivity Notifier apps

melamoud

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Guys,

My first application is suppose to answer the following questions
1. I have several Bluetooth devices, which one I'm connected to right now ?
2. Am I connected to a Wifi or a mobile network right now ?
3. AM I roaming (data)

the App is actually a service that put notification in the notification bar with the Wifi SSID and IP or the mobile carrier name and IP and the Bluetooth friendly name

you can choose if you want the notification vibrate. sound, or lights (or any combination)

if you open the app (or click the notification to open the app) you will see setting screen together with the notification data.

Current Issues I might have
1. I never tested the roaming functionality , I do not know how to force my phone to roam - I need help on that
2. if the strings are long (for example long SSID) it will cut the end (depend on the screen size)
3. if the phone is under stress (100% CPU) OS will not send some of the events so I missed connect / disconnect events

I would love any feedback that you guys have on bugs, usability, feature requests etc

thanks

Attachments

• ConnectivityNotifier.apk
    188.9 KB · Views: 33

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones