• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constant Screen test

chris34728

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
Hi guys

my 7 year old has had his TAB A for about 2 years now and tonight he was complaining about it being really slow, he is constantly installing crap off the google play store but tonight i managed to get his tablet back to the home screen to try factory reset it and the tab rebooted into a light blue screen with the lines of custom os can cause issues with the phone and app press volume down to reboot or up to continue ive never seen this screen on a android device and was wondering if it was genuine so i did the volume down, power and home button and it did some sort of repeated screen test blue, red, white, black then over and over for about 10 minutes now its come back to the warning custom OS screen again if i try get the tab into safe mood or recovery mode it wont do anything and keeps going back to the custom os screen

the custom rom warning means that it was put into download mode. this is where you would have the screen on the tablet set to when you use odin to flash a firmware. so it is kind of good that it was on this screen.

so does the device power on at all? how did you try to factory reset it? where you holding any buttons down while trying to reset it? i'm just trying to figure out exactly what happened. you said you were able to get to the homescreen and then it just randomly rebooted? is that correct?

Reactions: James L
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones