1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

contact issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tymbian, Jul 20, 2010.

1. tymbian

tymbian Active Member

May 27, 2010
    I found when saving contacts to the SIM on the Desire, if you go to edit them you have no option to add any extra fields. ie. If i have someone's mobile number and want to add a home number at a later date I cant. luckily most of my contacts are stored to the phone, and......coming from the iPhone as many of you have, i was, with the iphone able to add a custom label ie. having one contact of say a company and being able to add as many phone numbers as I like under that contact and assigning names to each number. Is there a way to do all these things with the desire or is there a recommended App for this.
    i dont want to save all my contacts to the SIM ( if i can even do this on the Desire ) if I can't edit how I'd like.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    If you search this forum, there is a thread which can only be no more than a couple of pages back about custom labels.

Sim contacts on the desire are very basic. You can only have 1 number I believe.

3. tymbian

tymbian Active Member

May 27, 2010
    I have gone back to page 7 and haven't found anything. can anyone enlighten me please?

Tags: