1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contact List

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chuck1906, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2009
    Does your phone do this?

You go into your contact list and tap the name of someone, then it takes you to another screen that where you have options to either call, text, or email. Say you want to call the person, I am finding that it will take me to yet a 3rd screen before the call goes through! I am so annoyed over that!

You might suggest I use the voice dialer instead. Well that is good if the person only has 1 number. the VD doesn't give you an option to call an alternate number even if you have 2 numbers listed with that contact.

I just get annoyed that I have to tap the screen up to 3 times sometimes to make a phone call from the contact list. I have about 4 numbers that I call daily that I have bookmarked or shortcut widgets on one of my screens and those go right through. As soon as I tap those it goes right to the call...I just wish it was like that when dialing from the contact list!

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I have found that, in the Contacts list, there is a green phone icon to the right of the name. Just press it and it goes right to the phone dialer.

As for voice dial, I just specify which number to call. "Call John Smith on Mobile". "Call Mom at Home". And it'll do just that.

Hope this helps :)

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Chuck, what is the third screen actually asking? just saying that it takes you to a third screen doesn't help - that could be caused by any number of apps that you have installed.