• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts: change from 'Phone' to 'Google'?

Have you looked at HamsterSync which states that it can sync Android and Google Contacts? I use MyPhoneExplorer to do this as I had all sort of corruption problems when using HTC Sync.
I looked at it yesterday but wasn't impressed:
Doesn't load as a separate app but as an Outlook plugin
Doesn't remember google user name and log in
No facility for autosync.

Upvote 0
yep.

People > Menu > export to sd card

then

people > menu > import from sdcard > select google type

et voila!
Please. Where is "people" menu? When I exported to card and brought back. doubled my google contacts. Yuk. Pls help. ps. Is there a way to delete google from phone then bring back in synch. My Galaxy will not allow me to dump the google stuff. Thanks

Upvote 0
Please. Where is "people" menu? When I exported to card and brought back. doubled my google contacts. Yuk. Pls help. ps. Is there a way to delete google from phone then bring back in synch. My Galaxy will not allow me to dump the google stuff. Thanks

I'm not sure if for Galaxy S the menu is different (maybe you should try in Galaxy S section), but for Desire the the instruction is straightforward: Select "People" from All Apps, then press "Menu" then "Import/Export". Here you can choose the phone book you want to export, including the Google one.

The doubles can be removed when you log in on Desktop in your Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones