• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts not Linking with Facebook

ebolamonkey3

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2011
Hey guys, for some reason, a lot of my facebook contacts are not syncing with my google contacts. Some of them did sync, but a lot are not sync'd. I have both the facebook app and the facebook friendstream account, and it's been a while now but the phone still hasn't found all the duplicate contacts.

I don't want to go through my contact list and sync everyone manually, is there a way to quickly fix this? Thanks!

Hey guys, for some reason, a lot of my facebook contacts are not syncing with my google contacts. Some of them did sync, but a lot are not sync'd. I have both the facebook app and the facebook friendstream account, and it's been a while now but the phone still hasn't found all the duplicate contacts.

I don't want to go through my contact list and sync everyone manually, is there a way to quickly fix this? Thanks!

do you mean Sync or Link? Are your facebook contacts not updating their info or are they just not syncing(downloading first time) to the phone?

And this is the kind of stuff I usually search for in the Google forums, lots more people go there and post about this type stuff because it is high level(regular user) phone stuff and they dont know what a forum is

Upvote 0
do you mean Sync or Link? Are your facebook contacts not updating their info or are they just not syncing(downloading first time) to the phone?

And this is the kind of stuff I usually search for in the Google forums, lots more people go there and post about this type stuff because it is high level(regular user) phone stuff and they dont know what a forum is

Sorry, I meant Linking. I see the contacts, but I see them twice. One for my google account and one for my facebook account.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I meant Linking. I see the contacts, but I see them twice. One for my google account and one for my facebook account.

Somewhere there is an option to check for links. I get a notification in the note bar that says something like, "Links found" and I click it and it shows which links it has found that match each other, and I choose to link them or not. That's how it works for me. Try to find that in Settings

Reactions: ebolamonkey3
Upvote 0
Somewhere there is an option to check for links. I get a notification in the note bar that says something like, "Links found" and I click it and it shows which links it has found that match each other, and I choose to link them or not. That's how it works for me. Try to find that in Settings

Ok, I'll go look for it. If you happen to remember, please let me know!

I see the little link notification from time to time, but it's always for 1 or 2 contacts, not for all of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones