• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts problem

Barry610

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
Hi all , just got my1st smart phone last week (Desire) and to be honest i'm still not sure what to think of it.
One of the problems that i have been having is that when i start a text message and go to put the contact in all of my contacts are duplicated, even though this is not the case when i open up the People folder.
Is there any way that i can get this to return to normal?

Cheers

P.S Each of the duplicated contacts in the messages widget has a blank face next to it and the other has a picture of what looks like a sim card

Same problem here... I thried with deleting all the contacts from my SIM card and phone and using only google contacts, but it keeps showing me their emails and second emails when I try to add multiple contacts to a SMS/MMS. It gets really annoying. Why would I add an email address to a SMS. I would like the contact to be displayed like in the people app. How do I do that? It's driving me crazy. It gets even worse if you sync with facebook and have contacts on your SIM card and Phone storage.

Someone please HELP!!!!! I will be forever thankful! Really!!! HELP!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones