• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts problem

Calomax

Feb 5, 2012
Guernsey
Some of my contacts don't appear in my people list although I can find them with a smart search. So I used My Phone Explorer and found that some contacts are listed under the heading of Phone while others are listed under Google.

I then copied the Google ones into the phone list and deleted them from Google but when I synced them the vanished from my people list although I can still find them with a smart search so they are actually in the device somewhere. My people list says it shows all.

I do have it set to back up to Google but have no idea how to get the data back. Please, can anyone help otherwise I'll have to redo all of the contacts

I then copied the Google ones into the phone list and deleted them from Google but when I synced them the vanished from my people list although I can still find them with a smart search so they are actually in the device somewhere. My people list says it shows all.

If you delete contacts with Google then you wouldn't able see it. Just save all the contacts with Google only always. Change all contacts stored on 'Phone' to 'Google'.

If you have already back up with Google (and Not able to see it)
Go to Settings --> Accounts & Sync --> Select 'Google' on Manage Account --> enable 'Sync' Contacts.

If it doesn't work, you can also try 'Remove Account' and then 'Add Account' which will restore back.....

Reactions: Calomax
Upvote 0
Thank you. I've tried that and it says "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".

Googled the problem and found this:

Go to "Settings".* Select "Applications".
Select "Manage Applications".
Scroll down to "Contacts Storage"
Click on "Clear Data"

It worked and now they're back. Thanks again. I thought I was going to have to create them all again manually.

Upvote 0
Another problem in my wife's new Wildfire S contacts. At the top is "My Profile" and, since last night, the info in it has disappeared. When you try opening it it just says "Loading" and nothing else happens.

It should have her name and number, like mine has, but when i open it I can't edit it. Not a serious problem and we don't know why it's there but she would like it back.

I tried syncing but it did no good.

UPDATE: clearing data from Contacts Storage fixed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones